You are cordially invited to attend...
April 30 - join us for our annual luncheon for legislators, administration officials, and MARO members. Both the House and Senate are scheduled to be in session, giving us maximum visibility and proximity to lawmakers, literally where they work.
The luncheon will be served from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM on the first floor of the Capitol. Lunch tables will be organized by MARO regions to make contact with legislators easier.
As in years past, we will e-mail talking points to you prior to the event - although you are encouraged to take the opportunity to share what is important specifically to you.
In order to ensure the success of our collective efforts, we encourage you to do the following:
- Invite your legislators: MARO will invite all legislators to the luncheon, however they are more likely to attend if you invite them personally. You can visit the Michigan House website or the Michigan Senate website to find their contact information.
- Bring consumers and/or board members with you.
- Bring a supply of your agency's brochures, annual reports and business cards with you. Our objective is to inform legislators about the valuable programs and services we offer to their constituents. (Due to Capitol restrictions, member table-top displays will not be available.)
- Check out the new MARO Legislative Guide for additional resources on what to expect when visiting with legislators.
- This year, you are also invited to join us at 10:30 to hear from Sandi Jones of Muchmore Harrington Smalley, with some helpful "how to" tips about talking to legislators and their staff. Sandi will have a brief presentation, followed by Q&A, in Room 164 of the State Capitol prior to heading to the luncheon.
If your legislator(s) cannot come to the luncheon, you should still plan on attending. Our lobbyists may be able to contact legislators on the Floor and have them meet you in the Lobby of the House and Senate chambers. You will also have an opportunity to visit the gallery while the House and Senate are in session. You may possibly have an opportunity to attend a relevant committee meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact MARO staff, we will do everything possible to assure that you have a successful visit to the Capitol.
For a downtown Lansing map with parking suggestions, click here.
There is no charge to attend MARO Day at the Capitol.
Consent to Use Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, Day at the Capitol meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant or attendees’ image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities by MARO.