Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in MARO membership, we welcome the opportunity to visit with you about becoming part of a valuable network of organizations dedicated to promoting community access and inclusion - the only association of its kind in Michigan.
Contact Associate Director, Laurie Morse-Dell, for more information.
Organizational Membership includes:
- E-mail Updates and alerts on critical issues when you need them to ensure you're always well informed
- Legislative representation by one of Michigan's highest rated multi-client lobbying firms - Muchmore Harrington Smalley & Associates, LLC
- Member discounts on high quality professional development through seminars and workshops
- Opportunity for staff to participate in The MARO Leadership Academy and The Leadership Continuum
- Public relations and advocacy on behalf of the industry
- MARO day at the Capitol and advocacy training
- Opportunity to participate in the financially successful self-insured Workers' Compensation Fund, returning over 1/3 of premium collected to fund members, with customized loss prevention service
- Free workplace safety training and consultation for staff and persons served
- Access to members only portions of the website, including grant opportunities and Communities of Practice
- Complimentary member website accessibility and social media site reviews
- Technical assistance from knowledgeable staff and from other association members
- Public policy updates through CMH and VR Workgroups, all members of your staff are welcome to attend these meetings in person or virtually
- Enhanced connectivity with staff and colleagues through Regional Meetings
- Complimentary CEO Mentoring Program
- Invaluable opportunities to network with colleagues at the Spring Leadership Conference and re:con
MARO membership runs on an annual basis and new Organizational Member applications require approval from the MARO Board of Directors.
Organizational Members are entitled to vote in membership elections and on membership business.
All organizational members receive the same benefits, dues levels are based on your annual revenue. *For organizations with under $1.61 million in annual revenue, Dues = Annual Revenue x .0028 with a minimum of $750.
To determine your revenue tier:
- Private, not-for-profit organizations use Line 12 of your most recent IRS form 990
- Private, for-profit organizations use Line 11 of your most recent IRS form 1120
- S Corporations use Line 6 of your most recent IRS form 1120S
- Public organizations use the amount of program budget devoted to Employment, Community living and/or Residential Services
Select your annual annual revenue tier below to begin your application.